Youth Ministry at WPC
If you are a middle or high school student, then Presbyterian Youth Fellowship (PYF) is the place for you! We love the Word, fellowship, praise and worship, and of course food (usually Hungry Howie's Pizza). We also love visitors and hope that you will consider visiting one of our meetings and become a part of our growing fellowship! Below you will find a list of our usual meetings and a bit of our youth ministry philosophy.
Sunday Night PYF 6:00pm
Tuesday Night High School Bible Study 6:30pm
Wednesday Night Middle School Bible Study 6:00pm
(All meetings are held in the youth room)
THE PYF VISION:
The Mission of PYF:
1. To see every student commit to Christ
2. To see every student commit to personal holiness
3. To see every student develop a healthy Christian World and LifeView
4. To see every student commit to Reformed doctrine
5. To equip parents to fulfill their Biblical parental responsibilities and establish a godly home conducive to their child's spiritual growth.
What PYF will not do:
1. We will not play the numbers game! We will not seek to build a "youth empire" just for the sake of being big and impressive. Ministry cannot be measured by quantity, only by quality! We will seek to be a healthy ministry rather than a giant ministry. This does not mean that we do not want to expose as many students as possible to God’s truth, but simply that we will not sacrifice quality for quantity.
2. We will not take the place of parents! Parents are the primary youth ministers according to God’s design. Youth ministers can never have the time or the special influence which parents have with their children. The position of parent is a unique and non-expendable ministry role; nothing can take its place!
How PYF will do this:
1. Prayer. We can only present the truth. Only God can enable one to love and embrace it.
2. Regular youth meetings where Worship and the Word is the key theme. We also have a split meeting where focus on the high students or middle school students respectively. Sunday is a joint meeting of both high school and middle school students to build unity in our group.
3. Events where students can have godly fun, build relationships, and draw in other students.
4. Service opportunities where students focus on others rather than themselves.
5. Youth Conferences where students are placed in a new environment and challenged with God’s Word. We also participate in mission projects where students go forth and share the love of Christ and the gospel.
6. Covenant Family Studies to give parents an opportunity to grow in their understanding of God’s design for the family.
The Need for Youth Ministry:
Our ministry has two goals - evangelism and discipleship. There is a huge mission field of unchurched youth out there, and God has called us to be His harvesters. While we strongly affirm and encourage the role of parents as the primary youth ministers, the children of nonbelieving parents who fail to fulfill their Biblical responsibilities still need ministry. Harvesters need to be sent. But our job doesn't end there! Discipleship must begin. We first want to help students come to know Christ, and then help them to further grow in Christ.
Pictures of PYF members, events, activities, etc.
|Children/Youth Ministry Media Release Form||
|Lead Me to the Cross Evangelism Training Phase 1||
|PYF - Celebrating an Era||
|PYF Swimwear Policy||
|PYF Trip Waiver Form||